APEC SECRETARIAT - COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH OFFICER
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a unique cooperative, multilateral economic forum that has been successful in promoting regional economic growth through trade and investment liberalisation and facilitation, and capacity building. Based in Singapore, the APEC Secretariat is looking for a suitable candidate to join its dynamic Communications and Public Affairs team as its Communications and Outreach Officer.
The key tasks of Communications and Outreach Officer are:
- Develop, implement and coordinate outreach programmes to key APEC constituency groups and to conduct key audience research so as to measure ongoing effectiveness of APEC's Communications activities.
- Conceptualize and develop core information materials to educate key audiences about APEC via various communication mediums.
- Identify and track activities and developments within APEC that may be used to generate publicity and create information resource for use in outreach activities.
The successful candidate must be from an APEC Member Economy and must possess the following:
- Degree in Mass Communications or higher;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Communications Specialist with 2 ~ 3 years experience in international/regional government or corporate communications, public relations practice and/or other related fields;
- Must demonstrate strong writing and editing skills and should possess a good knowledge of/or interest in regional and international economic development;
- Must be competent in broad range of communications and public affairs areas including : production of communication resources and materials (i.e. newsletters and writing for the APEC website), communications planning etc;
- Good knowledge of IT Support systems;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, and the ability to work well in a multi-racial environment;
- Possess relevant skills and experience to effectively represent and promote APEC to a wide range of audiences both in the public and private sector.
A competitive Singapore-based package will be offered to the successful candidate. Your application must include a cover letter and a comprehensive resume detailing your qualifications and experience, three references and expected salary. You should also include in your applications copy of your recent communication works. Your application must indicate how your experience and qualification match those required. Applications should reach us no later than 30 Nov 2009 via firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director (Administration), APEC Secretariat, 35 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119616, Fax: (65) 6891-9690. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
|Job Title : Commununications & Outreach Officer|
|Department : Communications & Public Affairs|
|Reporting To: Director (Communications and Public Affairs)|
Communications degree or higher
Language: Fluent English.
Communications specialist with experience in international/regional government or corporate communications, public relations practice and/or other related fields. Must be able to demonstrate strong writing and editing skills and should possess a good knowledge of or interest in regional and international economic developments Must be competent in a broad range of communications and public relations skill areas including: production of communications resources and materials(i.e. newsletters and writing for the web), communications planning, knowledge of supporting IT systems and be able to conduct research and evaluation. Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills are also required as is the ability to work well in a multicultural environment. Will need to be able to effectively represent and promote APEC to a wide range of audiences both in the public and private sector.
Assist the Director (Communications & Public Affairs) to: